Saturday, October 16, 2010

Matte Painting

I am greatly inspired by matte painting.  While my art is primitive compared to the masters, this is a technique I desire to master.  Fantasy art has always been one of my favorite, if not favorite, types of art.  If you are curious as to what matte painting is (and why I call my art primitive) check out this site: http://mattepainting.org/

Here are few of my 12x24s inspired by the matte painting technique (inspired is the key word):




The first picture utilized Before the First Snow by Studio Lorie @ Scrapbookgraphics; the middle utilized Cowboy Song by Clementine Designs soon to be released @ Deviant Scrap; and the bottom utilized Good Evening by Finecrafted Designs, One Ghostly Night by Totally Wild Dezines, and Eleanor's Avenue by Clementine Designs (all at Deviant Scrap).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving "lovies."

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...