Monday, May 28, 2012

Stylish Attitudes...

is available
@


The designer, Ms. Eve, was inspired by Julie Nutting's "Collage Couture" available at Amazon.  I've "eye-balled" this book but have yet to purchase it.  I am a big fan of the Somerset Magazines...Somerset Digital, Art Journaling, Somerset Studio, Memories, you  name it, I love 'em all! And I have seen Nutting's works gracing articles and covers of various Somerset mags.  Not only am I inspired by Nutting's works, I admire this type of art period.  I LOVE paper dresses, dolls and artists who make such beautiful creations. Examples include Vanessa Valencia (view her work and blog), Becky Shander (blog), and Mary Flower (blog). This list could go on an on...

Collage Couture by Julie Nutting
by Julie Nutting
by Vanessa Valencia
by Becky Shander
by Mary Flower
I admire this kind of art so much I even bought a Cricut cartridge (or two) to cut out little dresses. But like so many other art hoarders, I purchase art supplies simply for them to sit on my shelves. Oodles and oodles of potential gathering dust.  *Sigh*  One thing that does NOT gather dust in my home is Photoshop :) So here is what I created with FineCrafted's Stylish Attitudes:

I also used a few brushes from Obsidian Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving "lovies."

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...